Skip to main content

Javascript: Promise

Source: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/javascript-promises/

Promise is easier than callback because code is readable in promise. Promise has also a method. Methods: then, catch, finally (these methods use callback)
Benefits of Promises
  1. Improves Code Readability
  2. Better handling of asynchronous operations
  3. Better flow of control definition in asynchronous logic
  4. Better Error Handling
A Promise has four states:
    1. fulfilled: Action related to the promise succeeded
    2. rejected: Action related to the promise failed
    3. pending: Promise is still pending i.e not fulfilled or rejected yet
    4. settled: Promise has fulfilled or rejected

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Javascript Conference: Functional- Map, Reduce and Filter vs Object Oriented Programming

What is functional programming? and why? Source:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-5obm1G_FY A programming paradigm a coding style a mindset a sexy, buzz-wordy trend safer, easier to debug/maintain established community Not functional:  var name = “Anjana”;  var greeting = “Hi, I’m ”;  console.log(greeting + name);  Output : “Hi, I’m Anjana” Functional:   function greet(name) {         return “Hi, I’m ” + name;  }  greet(“Anjana”);  Output: “Hi, I’m Anjana” Avoid side effects use “pure” functions Not pure:   var name = “Anjana”;  function greet() {        console.log(“Hi, I’m ” + name);  } Pure:  function greet(name) {      return “Hi, I’m ” + name;  } Use higher-order functions functions can be inputs/outputs function makeAdjectifier(adjective) {      return function (string...

Javascript: Object to Array and Array to Object

Output: Final Array [ { mango: 1 }, { apple: 2 }, { banana: 3 }, { orange: 1 }, { watermelon: 1 }, { papaya: 1 } ] Output: Final Object { mango: 1, apple: 2, banana: 3, orange: 1, watermelon: 1, papaya: 1 }

Javascript: Prototype-based OOP

Prototype-based OOP Prototype-based programming is a style of OOP when inheritance is implemented via the process of cloning existing objects. In class-based OOP inheritance is built around the "parent-child" relationship between classes. Advantages: Objects and classes can be extended at runtime. eg: js(only 2018). JS Object Oriented Programming language but style: prototype. Prototype based Inheritance functional constructor(no class) as blueprint properties collection. with properties, we can make multiple instances.