Skip to main content

Javascript Higher Order Function:Reduce, Map, Filter, Sort Examples

Reduce

Example 1:




Example 2: 


Map





Filter








Sort





Combined Method



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Javascript: Object to Array and Array to Object

Output: Final Array [ { mango: 1 }, { apple: 2 }, { banana: 3 }, { orange: 1 }, { watermelon: 1 }, { papaya: 1 } ] Output: Final Object { mango: 1, apple: 2, banana: 3, orange: 1, watermelon: 1, papaya: 1 }

Javascript: Prototype-based OOP

Prototype-based OOP Prototype-based programming is a style of OOP when inheritance is implemented via the process of cloning existing objects. In class-based OOP inheritance is built around the "parent-child" relationship between classes. Advantages: Objects and classes can be extended at runtime. eg: js(only 2018). JS Object Oriented Programming language but style: prototype. Prototype based Inheritance functional constructor(no class) as blueprint properties collection. with properties, we can make multiple instances.

Javascript Conference: Functional- Map, Reduce and Filter vs Object Oriented Programming

What is functional programming? and why? Source:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-5obm1G_FY A programming paradigm a coding style a mindset a sexy, buzz-wordy trend safer, easier to debug/maintain established community Not functional:  var name = “Anjana”;  var greeting = “Hi, I’m ”;  console.log(greeting + name);  Output : “Hi, I’m Anjana” Functional:   function greet(name) {         return “Hi, I’m ” + name;  }  greet(“Anjana”);  Output: “Hi, I’m Anjana” Avoid side effects use “pure” functions Not pure:   var name = “Anjana”;  function greet() {        console.log(“Hi, I’m ” + name);  } Pure:  function greet(name) {      return “Hi, I’m ” + name;  } Use higher-order functions functions can be inputs/outputs function makeAdjectifier(adjective) {      return function (string...